Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org> on 2013/09/03 18:33:51 UTC

tagging on plugman / cli

Right now CLI & plugman don't have git tags associated with their npm
releases.

I'd like to be able to do a "git log latest..master" in order to enumerate
changes since the last release.

So, I'd like to propose:
#1 - Add a git tag for each npm release, where the tag name is the same as
the version
#2 - Add a git tag called "latest", which points to the most recent release

I've added this already to
https://wiki.apache.org/cordova/StepsForToolsRelease, but wanted explicit
buy-in here. #1 will result in a lot of tags being created over time (which
I think is fine).

Andrew

Re: tagging on plugman / cli

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
Neat.

Just tried it out:
$ npm version 3.1.0-0.8.0-dev
v3.1.0-0.8.0-dev
$ git tag -l
v3.1.0-0.8.0-dev

So, it's similar to what we have for other repos, except it adds a "v"
prefix. The prefix seems useful I think.

Re: tagging on plugman / cli

Posted by Braden Shepherdson <br...@chromium.org>.

Re: tagging on plugman / cli

Posted by Brian LeRoux <b...@brian.io>.