Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by spf <sc...@farling.com> on 2006/04/06 19:41:16 UTC

testing and verification

I'm researching means of testing and verifying ServiceMix functionality.
Anyone recommend any vendors?
Scott
Sent from the ServiceMix - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: testing and verification

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 4/6/06, spf <sc...@farling.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the info.
> I'm trying to find out if there is a viable product to "automagically" do
> things like:
> create a message.
> create a test against this message
> send the message into the bus.
> detect the message being transmitted, and where it is being routed to.
> collect all the traffic sent to/from the bus and verify against the test.
> provide some load testing metrics.
> etc...
> I realize that I can do all this stuff manaully, but I'm looking for a
> product suite at the moment.

I get it. The FUSE management portal does a fair amount of this (and
will get much better in 1.1 coming soon).

Also JConsole can be very useful to watch ServiceMix & browse ActiveMQ
queue and so forth. Finally its worth mentioning HermesJMS which can
be very good from the JMS side of things creating messages, sending
them and storing them etc via a Swing UI
http://hermesjms.com/

--

James
-------

Re: testing and verification

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 4/6/06, spf <sc...@farling.com> wrote:

> I'm researching means of testing and verifying ServiceMix functionality.
> Anyone recommend any vendors?

We're still waiting for Apache to get the TCK from Sun for JBI; so
there's one vendor to talk to right there :)

Or do you mean tooling to use/configure servicemix?

BTW have you seen Fuse?
http://www.logicblaze.com/software.jsp

the tooling in there is mostly operation right now - a management
portal for montioring and managing ServiceMix, ActiveMQ et al - rather
than developer design time tooling.

--

James
-------