Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by "김영우 (YoungWoo Kim)" <yw...@apache.org> on 2017/01/05 14:03:58 UTC

Renaming Phoenix table

Hi,

AFAIK, As of now Phoenix does not support renaming table out of the box.
but I have a use case like that. I have table 'TBL' and 'TBL_NEW' and I
would like to rename TBL to TBL_OLD and then, rename TBL_NEW to TBL.
somehow the TBL table should be retired from our Phoenix and also It's hard
to modify the queries from our applications for now. i.e, replace the table
TBL with TBL_NEW

Just curious, Renaming table on HBase side would useful for this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Youngwoo

Re: Renaming Phoenix table

Posted by "김영우 (Youngwoo Kim)" <wa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks James!

I would try that when I have some spare cycles

- Youngwoo

Re: Renaming Phoenix table

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.
Hi Youngwoo,