Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Si...@blum.com on 2009/10/01 13:50:35 UTC

XML Schema API and WSDL

Hi all,

I have a little problem concerning WSDL files and the XML Schema API. I
parse WSDL files using the WSDL4J library. That works great except for the
fact that WSDL4J can't parse XML schemes.

So i wanted to analyze the xml schemes defined in the <types> section of
the WSDL with the XML Schema API. Where do i get started?
I can't use the XMLGrammarPreparse because the WSDL file itself is not a
XML scheme. I just have an org.w3c.dom.Element where the scheme starts.

Thanks & Kind Regards
Simon

Re: XML Schema API and WSDL

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Simon,

Simon.Zuend@blum.com wrote on 10/01/2009 07:50:35 AM:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a little problem concerning WSDL files and the XML Schema
> API. I parse WSDL files using the WSDL4J library. That works great
> except for the fact that WSDL4J can't parse XML schemes.
>
> So i wanted to analyze the xml schemes defined in the <types>
> section of the WSDL with the XML Schema API. Where do i get started?
> I can't use the XMLGrammarPreparse because the WSDL file itself is
> not a XML scheme. I just have an org.w3c.dom.Element where the scheme
starts.

You can use XMLGrammarPreparser. Just pass it a DOMInputSource [1]
containing the Element at the root of the schema.

> Thanks & Kind Regards
> Simon

Thanks.

[1]