Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Prashant <pr...@indicussoftware.com> on 2006/06/19 11:40:41 UTC

about psml

Hello,

 By any chance is it possible to change the locations of portlets in
psml file dynamically and display.
Portlets in my application needs to be displayed with their positions
altered ..do i need to create those many psml files ??

sorry for such a stupid question!! according to me it is not possible.

thanks and regards
prashant

--
Prashant <pr...@indicussoftware.com>

Re: about psml

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Prashant wrote:
> Hello ,
>
> thanks for your reply.
>

>>Could you explain what "displayed with their positions altered" means?
>>Jetspeed allows you to alter the position (location) of a portlet on a
>>page:
>>
>>a) programmatically, with the Jetspeed API
>>b) interactively, with the customizer
>

> I mean to say how i can alter the position of the the portlet in a psml.
>
> Can you guide me about the customizer and which Jetspeed apis i can use
> to achieve this .
>
> thanks and regards
> prashant

The Page Manager stores the positional information as to where a portlet
is stored on a page. Portlets are represented on a page as  a "portlet
fragment". See the Page Manager PSML docs here for starters:

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/guides/guide-psml.html

For coding examples, take a look at the customizer code
(MultiColumnPortlet.java, ColumnLayout.java) or ajax code
(org.apache.jetspeed.layout.impl.*) for  examples of Page Manager
operations such as moving portlets, deleting portlets, or adding portlets

Re: about psml

Posted by Prashant <pr...@indicussoftware.com>.
Hello ,

RE: about psml

Posted by José Gregorio Piersanti <jg...@itdeusto.com>.
Hi, i have the same doubt too and i would like to know is there is a way to
tell the page that it sould do one thing or another (for example to tell
something to a portlet). Can it be done?. If yes where can we find some
examples?? If no where can we find examples of the Jetspeed API in order to
achieve this??

Thank you very much.

J.G.

>  By any chance is it possible to change the locations of portlets in
> psml file dynamically and display.
> Portlets in my application needs to be displayed with their positions
> altered ..do i need to create those many psml files ??

Could you explain what "displayed with their positions altered" means?
Jetspeed allows you to alter the position (location) of a portlet on a page:

a) programmatically, with the Jetspeed API
b) interactively, with the customizer

> sorry for such a stupid question!! according to me it is not possible.
>
> thanks and regards
> prashant

Este mensaje ha sido analizado por ITDeustoProtect
y se considera que está limpio.
-
dangerous content by ITDeustoProtect, and is
believed to be clean.

Re: about psml

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.