Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@apache.org> on 2012/01/04 14:57:01 UTC

Re: Fwd: Dynamic service references (summary)

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 9:31 AM, ant elder <an...@apache.org> wrote:

> I've committed some changes so that you can use some Tuscany versions
> of the OASIS ComponentContext and ServiceReference interfaces. There's
> an example of them being used to dynamically alter a Web service
> reference URL at:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/sca-java-2.x/trunk/testing/itest/dynamicRefURI/src/main/java/org/apache/tuscany/sca/itest/HelloworldClient.java
>
> I've not yet added this to all the OASIS ComponentContext methods (eg
> getServiceReferences) and there is now some rationalization of the
> Tuscany interfaces and classes I think we should do (eg
> ServiceReferenceExt among others), but this gives an idea of what we
> could do. I've not done anything with wiredByImpl either as i'm still
> not sure its terribly useful.

I did have a look at changing ComponentContext.getServiceReferences
method to support this but it doesn't seem so easy so it continues to
return ServiceReference objects and they'd need to be cast to
TuscanyServiceReference to get the Tuscany specific function.

   ...ant