Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Kamil Szewczyk <sz...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/23 11:59:10 UTC

Kubernetes cluster of apache-beam-testing project

Dear Beam Devs,

we are using kubernetes to on demand create/tear down resources for
performance testing. It is done automatically by Jenkins jobs using
PerfKit. On 20th of May, there was a blog post about security issues in
kubernetes
https://cloud.google.com/kubernetes-engine/docs/security-bulletins and we
should upgrade it to the latest version of the main branch. As far as I
know in apache-beam-testing, we are now using kubernetes cluster with
engine version 1.8, can we update it to version 1.9(1.9.7-gke.1)?
We are missing some new cool features introduced in kubernetes 1.9 like
StatefulSets which I would like to use to setup HDFS large cluster for
performance testing, I have already submitted PR for that. My findings are
described in this two JIRA issues:
 - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-4362
 - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-4390

Who is in charge of Google Cloud Platform (have admin access) and can help
with that?

Re: Kubernetes cluster of apache-beam-testing project

Posted by Chamikara Jayalath <ch...@google.com>.
We had to file a JIRA against Apache infra for getting kubectl installed:

Not sure if we need to get infra involved for updating the version as well.

- Cham

Posted by Alan Myrvold <am...@google.com>.

Posted by Yifan Zou <yi...@google.com>.

Posted by Alan Myrvold <am...@google.com>.