Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Stefan Murawski <st...@gmail.com> on 2021/02/15 15:41:10 UTC

Java 11 and the Netbeans platform

Hi,

I am creating a Software basend on the Netbeans Platform.

I noticed, that the bootstrap plugin has an extra java.lang.Module. With
the module system it is expected that each jar ja a defined set of packages
and overwriting packages from other jars or the JRE should not happen.

I noticed several problems with the maven build and some sonar jobs, that
seem to be based on this anti pattern like:

org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.problem.AbortCompilation: Pb(324)
The type java.lang.String cannot be resolved. It is indirectly
referenced from required .class files
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.problem.ProblemHandler.handle(ProblemHandler.java:162)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.problem.ProblemHandler.handle(ProblemHandler.java:229)
	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.problem.ProblemReporter.handle(ProblemReporter.java:2611)

Does this file have any purpose or could it be removed (preferably vom the
12.0 LTS stream)?
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/blob/master/platform/o.n.bootstrap/src/java/lang/Module.java

Cheers,
Stefan