Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Vipul Bharakhada <vi...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/16 19:38:32 UTC

_temporary doesn't exist

Hi,
I am using the old hadoop version 0.17.2 and I am getting the following
exception when I am trying to run a Job. But it only happens at particular
time, as cron jobs do run those task at particular intervals but it only
fails at one particular time in day.

Mar 14 06:49:23 7 08884: java.io.IOException: The directory
hdfs://<{IPADDRESS}>:<{PORT}>/myserver/matcher/output/_temporary doesnt
exist
Mar 14 06:49:23 7 08884: \09at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTracker$TaskInProgress.localizeTask(TaskTracker.java:1439)
Mar 14 06:49:23 7 08884: \09at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTracker$TaskInProgress.launchTask(TaskTracker.java:1511)
Mar 14 06:49:23 7 08884: \09at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTracker.launchTaskForJob(TaskTracker.java:723)
Mar 14 06:49:23 7 08884: \09at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTracker.localizeJob(TaskTracker.java:716)
Mar 14 06:49:23 7 08884: \09at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTracker.startNewTask(TaskTracker.java:1274)
Mar 14 06:49:23 7 08884: \09at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTracker.offerService(TaskTracker.java:915)
Mar 14 06:49:23 7 08884: \09at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTracker.run(TaskTracker.java:1310)
Mar 14 06:49:23 7 08884: \09at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTracker.main(TaskTracker.java:2251)

What can be a problem? as this folder is created by hadoop internally and
used internally, clean up is also done internally by hadoop. So why this
directory is missing at some particular time?
Any clue?
-Vipul

Re: _temporary doesn't exist

Posted by Deepak Nettem <de...@gmail.com>.
In the logs directory in your hadoop setup. You will have NameNode,
JobTracker and TaskTracker logs. Individual task tracker logs are generated
on the nodes.

You can also see the job specific logs from one of the web UIs if you're
using Apache Hadoop.

Re: _temporary doesn't exist

Posted by Vipul Bharakhada <vi...@gmail.com>.
Where can I find those logs?