Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Dilupa Munindradasa <dj...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/06 16:56:12 UTC

File saving path in the file system

Hi Everyone,
I started using and evaluating jackrabbit today and have very noob
question. Is it possible to specify or customize the physical path of where
content is saved in the local file system.

for example.i have a file saved under
"/btm:repository/btm:community/btm:story/jcr:content/jcr:data". but in the
file system, this is saved under
workspaces\default\blobs\5d\c3\3689834a4d6daca52f4e05d34f62\%7bhttp%3a%2f%
2fwww.jcp.org%2fjcr%2f1.0%7ddata.0.bin

Is it possible to use a structured or a human readable path to store this
data? eg: workspaces\default\blobs\*repository\community\story\content\data*.
Also instead of a .bin file, is it possible to provide the extension of the
uploaded file while saving? eg: image002122.jpg

Thank you,
Best regards
Dilupa...

Re: File saving path in the file system

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.
On 2012-09-06 16:56, Dilupa Munindradasa wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
> I started using and evaluating jackrabbit today and have very noob
> question. Is it possible to specify or customize the physical path of where
> content is saved in the local file system.
>
> for example.i have a file saved under
> "/btm:repository/btm:community/btm:story/jcr:content/jcr:data". but in the
> file system, this is saved under
> workspaces\default\blobs\5d\c3\3689834a4d6daca52f4e05d34f62\%7bhttp%3a%2f%
> 2fwww.jcp.org%2fjcr%2f1.0%7ddata.0.bin
>
> Is it possible to use a structured or a human readable path to store this
> data? eg: workspaces\default\blobs\*repository\community\story\content\data*.
> Also instead of a .bin file, is it possible to provide the extension of the
> uploaded file while saving? eg: image002122.jpg

That's not possible with the way Jackrabbit is built -- hierarchy
information is stored elsewhere.

You *could* write an SPI implementation and then use JCR2SPI to build a
JCR repository from that.

Best regards, Julian

File saving path in the file system

Posted by Dilupa Munindradasa <dj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Everyone,
I started using and evaluating jackrabbit today and have very noob
question. Is it possible to specify or customize the physical path of where
content is saved in the local file system.

for example.i have a file saved under
"/btm:repository/btm:community/btm:story/jcr:content/jcr:data". but in the
file system, this is saved under
workspaces\default\blobs\5d\c3\3689834a4d6daca52f4e05d34f62\%7bhttp%3a%2f%
2fwww.jcp.org%2fjcr%2f1.0%7ddata.0.bin

Is it possible to use a structured or a human readable path to store this
data? for eg: workspaces\default\blobs\*