Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2009/09/23 09:28:38 UTC

Releasing serializers block

Hi,

I would like to release the 2.2 version of the serializers block
(consisting of two modules).

Is anything preventing us from releasing this?

What's the procedure to release the block?

Regards
Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: Releasing serializers block

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Reinhard Pötz wrote

> Please try again and only use the 'release' profile (= don't use
> 'daisy,localDocs,javadocs-script').
>
> Let me know if that works for you.

Yes, thanks that works.

I'll start the vote soon :)

Carsten

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

Posted by Reinhard Pötz <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Reinhard Pötz wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to release the 2.2 version of the serializers block
>> (consisting of two modules).
>>
>> Is anything preventing us from releasing this?
>
> No I don't think so. After rereading the original thread about this
> block (see http://cocoon.markmail.org/message/z63kh2sx3u4spxo7) I just
> wonder if the mentioned Xalan bugs haven't been fixed in the meantime.
Yes, maybe - but as the last release is very old, I would not count on that.

> The second question that came to mind was whether we should make the
> serializers-charset module an OSGi bundle. And we should change the
> namespace to org.apache.cocoon.serializers.* for both modules.
+1 for OSGi, I'll do that
I'm not sure for the packages as this might be incompatible to 2.1.x?

>> What's the procedure to release the block?
>
> http://cocoon.apache.org/1199_1_1.html describes the technical details.
> You should be able to use
> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/cocoon/cocoon/8/cocoon-8.pom as
> parent POM (but I'm not sure about this because usually we use the
> cocoon-blocks-modules as parent POM).
Ah ok, thanks!

> We also need to test that the serializers-impl Avalon sitemap components
> work with Cocoon 2.2 or even better, migrate them to Spring (but I don't
> consider the migration being absolutely necessary).
Yes, that would be great :) I think I tested this a long time ago...but
hopefully I'll be able to do that again

> After releasing it I can help out with updating the documentation -
> maybe you can add a few paragraphs to
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs/g1/g3/g5/1252.html.
Cool, thanks!

Carsten