Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "wangjx@act.buaa.edu.cn" <wa...@act.buaa.edu.cn> on 2015/01/28 07:54:55 UTC

Error writing to highwatermark file

Hi,
I use 2 brokers as a cluster, and write data into nfs.

I encountered this problem several days after starting the brokers :
FATAL [Replica Manager on Broker 1]: Error writing to highwatermark file:  (kafka.server.ReplicaManager)
 java.io.IOException: File rename from /nfs/trust-machine/machine11/kafka-logs/replication-offset-checkpoint.tmp to /nfs/trust-machine/machine11/kafka-logs/replication-offset-checkpoint failed.

why?
My kafka version is 0.8.1.

Thanks!

Re: Error writing to highwatermark file

Posted by Guozhang Wang <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Could you check if the specified file:

/nfs/trust-machine/machine11/kafka-logs/replication-offset-checkpoint.tmp

is not deleted beforehand?

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang