Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/12 05:50:50 UTC

Re: VOTE: take 2: mahout-collections-1.0

+1 (on trust, really)

Posted by Robin Anil <ro...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by deneche abdelhakim <ad...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
OK.  Noted.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
Apache Policy/Folklore:

When voting for a release, you are supposed to download the source,
build it, and verify that it is more or less as advertised. In this
case, observing that typing 'mvn' at the downloaded source builds and
passes unit tests is about as good as it's going to get.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 5:23 AM, Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>wrote:

> On Apr 11, 2010, at 11:50 PM, Ted Dunning wrote:
>
> > +1 (on trust, really)
>
> Not to pick on Ted here, but this is not something you should do.  If you
> don't have time to download and verify the artifacts, please don't vote, as
> the vote is meaningless at best.  No vote is better than an unverified vote.
>
> -Grant

I agree.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
Unlike the last one, you don't have to take this one on trust, not
that I'm complaining. It is possible to download source, but, and run
unit tests in the more or less usual way if anyone is so inclined.

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
Sure +1 for same reason.