Posted to dev@abdera.apache.org by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net> on 2006/11/10 21:35:20 UTC

Re: svn commit: r473454 - in /incubator/abdera/site/trunk: docs/developers.html docs/gettingstarted.html faq.html project.html releases.xml

On 11/10/06, jmsnell@apache.org <jm...@apache.org> wrote:

> +    <pre>String start = "http://roller.example.org/app";
> +
> +Abdera abdera = new Abdera();
> +Factory factory = abdera.getFactory();
> +Entry entry = factory.newEntry();
> +entry.setId(FOMHelper.generateUuid());

It occurs to me that this is the second time that I've seen
FOMHelper.generateUuid() used in some example code.  Perhaps we should
consider moving it to a less parser-impl-specific location, since it
seems generally useful.

-garrett

Posted by James M Snell <ja...@gmail.com>.
It actually already is.  There is a method on Factory for creating a new
 UUID URI. That's what we should be using.

- James