Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jonathan O'Connor <ni...@eircom.net> on 2008/12/18 14:16:10 UTC

T5: Proper project layout?

Hi,
I've just started working with Tapestry 5, and I have found 2 different
project layouts. Howard (I presume) suggested the one found in the
guide: http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry5/guide/project-layout.html
and Geoff Callender has a different one in his jumpstart project. The
main difference is that Geoff keeps the tml files in the same directory
as the java classes. I prefer this as I don't need to jump about in the
directory structure finding the matching Java or tml file. However, the
guide explicitly says:
"Component templates will always be stored in the resources folder." Is
this documentation up to date?

Thanks,
Jonathan O'Connor

Re: T5: Proper project layout?

Posted by Andy Pahne <an...@googlemail.com>.
Then welcome!

If you are new then I would like to recommend this very good mailing
list archive:
    http://tapestry.markmail.org/search/?q=

The thread I was talking about:
 http://tapestry.markmail.org/search/?q=various+storage#query:various%20storage+page:1+mid:hnvehvjdvrbknzgn+state:results

Andy

Re: T5: Proper project layout?

Posted by Jonathan O'Connor <ni...@eircom.net>.
Andy,

Re: T5: Proper project layout?

Posted by Andy Pahne <an...@googlemail.com>.

Re: T5: Proper project layout?

Posted by Jonathan O'Connor <ni...@eircom.net>.
Luther,
that's brilliant. Just the info I needed. For my sins, I have to
integrate Tap5 with an existing struts 1.1 app :-(
I have no desire to go anywhere near maven, especially as the existing
project uses ant.

I would like to keep all .tml files in src/main/resources. But this will
depend on where my images and stylesheets go.
I haven't figured that out yet.

Now I would really like a page in the Tap5 guide titled "WAR Layout".
Ciao,
Jonathan

Re: T5: Proper project layout?

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
That's a pretty valid summary of what's going on & how to setup things

My only objection would be at the risk you mention when 'customizing'
the folders
in the pom... i've been using m2 for 2.5-3years now and i've never
been bitten by that.

In fact, the most usual problem is IDE's lack of fine-grained
classpath control (though
that's getting better now as ide & their plugins mature).

Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer
Open Source / JEE Consulting

Re: T5: Proper project layout?