Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com> on 2008/02/03 20:56:57 UTC

Lenya 2 trunk does seem to require JDK 1.5

Hi

I just tried to compile Lenya trunk from scratch and stumbled over

/home/michi/src/apache/lenya/trunk/src/modules/collection/java/src/org/apache/lenya/modules/collection/CollectionWrapper.java:158:
cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : method parseBoolean (java.lang.String)
location: class java.lang.Boolean
                this.allLanguages = Boolean.parseBoolean(value);
                                           ^
1 error

which AFAIK is a JDK 1.5 method, but the documentation states JDK 1.4

http://lenya.apache.org/docs/2_0_x/installation/source_version.html

So what is the requirement re JDK version?

Thanks

Michael

--
Michael Wechner
Wyona      -   Open Source Content Management - Yanel, Yulup

Re: Lenya 2 trunk does seem to require JDK 1.5

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> Michael Wechner schrieb:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I just tried to compile Lenya trunk from scratch and stumbled over
>>
>> /home/michi/src/apache/lenya/trunk/src/modules/collection/java/src/org/apache/lenya/modules/collection/CollectionWrapper.java:158:
>> cannot resolve symbol
>> symbol  : method parseBoolean (java.lang.String)
>> location: class java.lang.Boolean
>>                this.allLanguages = Boolean.parseBoolean(value);
>

> I changed it to valueOf() in the trunk. Thanks for the pointer!
> Would you mind giving it a try? If it compiles with 1.4, I'll merge
> the change to the 2.0.1 tag.

thanks, will try tomorrow

> BTW, does someone know how to configure Eclipse to complain about
> these issues? I have set the compiler compliance level to 1.4 ...
>
>> 1 error
>>
>> which AFAIK is a JDK 1.5 method, but the documentation states JDK 1.4
>>
>> http://lenya.apache.org/docs/2_0_x/installation/source_version.html
>>
>> So what is the requirement re JDK version?
>

> I guess we should keep 2.0.x it compatible with 1.4

+1

Michael

--
Michael Wechner

Posted by Richard Frovarp <ri...@sendit.nodak.edu>.
Richard Frovarp wrote:
> Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>> Jörn Nettingsmeier schrieb:

>>> hmmm. i'd say not until 2.1. it would be illogical to require a vm
>>> upgrade for service releases. but that's probably what you meant...
>>
>> Yes, I guess we'll create a new branch when we start using the trunk
>> for 2.1.
>>
> Sounds good to me. 1.5 has been out for over 3 years. However, has
> anyone built Cocoon against 1.4 lately? Their requirements say 1.3,
> but I thought I ran across something that required 1.5.
Just tested and Cocoon 2.1.11 does in fact build against 1.4.

Re: Lenya 2 trunk does seem to require JDK 1.5

Posted by Richard Frovarp <ri...@sendit.nodak.edu>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Jörn Nettingsmeier schrieb:
>> Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>>> Hi Michael,

>>> I guess we should keep 2.0.x it compatible with 1.4 and switch to
>>> 1.5 as
>>> soon as we created a new branch. What do the others think?
>>
>> hmmm. i'd say not until 2.1. it would be illogical to require a vm
>> upgrade for service releases. but that's probably what you meant...
>
> Yes, I guess we'll create a new branch when we start using the trunk
> for 2.1.

Sounds good to me. 1.5 has been out for over 3 years. However, has
anyone built Cocoon against 1.4 lately? Their requirements say 1.3, but
I thought I ran across something that required 1.5.

Richard

Re: Lenya 2 trunk does seem to require JDK 1.5

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Jörn Nettingsmeier schrieb:
> Andreas Hartmann wrote:
>> Hi Michael,
>>
>>> So what is the requirement re JDK version?
>> I guess we should keep 2.0.x it compatible with 1.4 and switch to 1.5 as
>> soon as we created a new branch. What do the others think?
>
> hmmm. i'd say not until 2.1. it would be illogical to require a vm
> upgrade for service releases. but that's probably what you meant...

Yes, I guess we'll create a new branch when we start using the trunk for
2.1.

-- Andreas

--
Andreas Hartmann, CTO
BeCompany GmbH

Re: Lenya 2 trunk does seem to require JDK 1.5

Posted by Jörn Nettingsmeier <ne...@apache.org>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
>> So what is the requirement re JDK version?
>
> I guess we should keep 2.0.x it compatible with 1.4 and switch to 1.5 as
> soon as we created a new branch. What do the others think?

hmmm. i'd say not until 2.1. it would be illogical to require a vm
upgrade for service releases. but that's probably what you meant...

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier

  - Ken Thompson.

Re: Lenya 2 trunk does seem to require JDK 1.5

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Michael,