Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Vasko Tomanov <va...@web.bg> on 2001/12/18 14:23:26 UTC

Mail Relay, MySQL, Multiple Domains

Sorry if the question are stupid..

but i have sam stupid problem using James

1. How to configurate James to use Mysql ? ( where to find DOCS)
2. How to configurate James to not be open for mail relaying
3. How to configurate James to recevie emails for diferent domains

best regards
vasko tomanov

RE: Mail Relay, MySQL, Multiple Domains

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@thought.co.uk>.
Vasko,
To configure James to use mysql edit ~\apps\james\conf\config xml

you will need to uncomment the entries where the URL parameter begind "db:"
and comment out the ones beginning
"file:"

for example:

<mailet match="All" class="RemoteDelivery">
            <outgoing> db://maildb/message/outgoing </outgoing>
            <delayTime> 21600000 </delayTime>
            <maxRetries> 5 </maxRetries>
          </mailet>

then you have to set up your connection param's in the block
"<database-connections>" near the bottom
You may need to alter some of the urls themselves, so they read
db://connectionname/table/repository
the inbox repository is the exception as it appends the repository name to
match the username.

James creates its own tables, assuming it has permission to do so, but you
will need to create an empty database yourself, and grant James permission
on it. I dont think nntp supports db repositories.

James will not relay if you have this element in the conf file (which is
there by default)
<mailet match="RemoteAddrNotInNetwork=127.0.0.1" class="ToProcessor">
<processor> spam </processor>
</mailet>
Of course you need to add a pattern to allow conections from your local net
(EG match="RemoteAddrNotInNetwork=127.0.0.1,192.168.0.*")

James doesn't support virtual hosts (yet) but it will receive mail for
domains set under the <servernames> block at the top of the file, assuming
DNS records are set to direct mail to your machine.

There are some solutions around to allow James to deal better with virtual
hosts, but not an official one yet as there is no consensus as to how best
it should be handled.

d.