Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by ashokc <as...@qualcomm.com> on 2009/01/12 21:05:40 UTC

Single index - multiple SOLR instances

Hello,

Is it possible to have the index created by a single SOLR instance, but have
several SOLR instances field the search queries. Or do I HAVE to replicate
the index for each SOLR instance that I want to answer queries? I need to
set up a fail-over instance. Thanks

- ashok

Re: Single index - multiple SOLR instances

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
OK.  Of course, you'll have to make sure everything on the SAN is redundant (down to controllers, power supplies, etc.) and that the disks can handle that high query load/IO.

Otis

Posted by ashokc <as...@qualcomm.com>.

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Ashok,