Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Fernando A. R. Wendt" <fe...@unijui.tche.br> on 2002/02/04 15:51:23 UTC

Upgrade modules

Hello Apache Users,

I'm thinking i have done (at least) one misktake on the apache installation
on a linux system, and i need help.

I have sucessfull instaled perl (5.6.2), and so, i have compiled and
installed the mod_perl. Then, i configure apache 1.3.22 to work with the
"prefix= /usr/local/apache --enable suexec --docroot /home/webmasters/htdocs
(didn' work - i have to change before the httpd.conf file do make it
wakeup)" and some others enables relationed with the suexec (uid, gid). It
seems to be OK, but...

Now, i need to have the mod_so installed, but it have not installed by
default! So i read the online faq, intallation and discover that on
gnu-linux systems it is not default.

So:

1- How can i install this module now, with the apache build and installed?

2- Where are the modules directory and files (i didn´t find it)?

3- How can i install any one featured module in the future, where are the
files (if it works this way)?

4- It´s necessary re-compile and re-install apache?

5- How can i uninstall apache without have some system conflict?

Thanks for you time, and apollogize me to write so much!

:: Assessoria de Comunicação Social
    UNIJUÍ - Universidade Regional
       http://www.unijui.tche.br
   mailto: paginas@unijui.tche.br      ::