Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/01 07:03:13 UTC

Please specify the JIRA number in the commit log

It's a good practices to specify the JIRA number in the git commit log
to keep the trace of the commit with the task information.  It's quite
useful when you need to merge the patches between different branch by
grabbing the commits with the JIRA number.

I just went through the recent commit of iotdb, there is only some
PRs[1] has the JIRA number , but there is no commits log specify the
JIRA number.

[1]https://github.com/apache/incubator-iotdb/pull/17

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Re: Please specify the JIRA number in the commit log

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
We could break down the issue of improve the code quality into smaller ones.
By using JIRA to track these issues, we could get the whole picture of
this task more easily.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem