Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Daniel Shahaf <da...@elego.de> on 2013/01/12 06:52:36 UTC

Re: Do we expect default ignores when no ignores are defined anywhere?

Paul Burba wrote on Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 15:36:29 -0500:
> This seems wrong to me.  I'd expect that if I have no global-ignores
> defined in any of my runtimes that nothing will be ignored.  If we
> feel so strongly that these default ignores should be used, why do we
> create a default user config with them commented out?  This code is
> very old however so I wonder if there is not some good reason for this
> behavior.  Thoughts?

We have many placevs where the default config file contains the default
value commented out --- i.e., such that uncommenting the line has no
effect on the value used at run-time.

I don't know why the default global-ignores (if there's no runtime
config) is what it is.