Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Olivier Fillon <ol...@SoftOz.com> on 2002/06/12 06:25:17 UTC

tomcat 3.3.1 losing session after a redirect:

Hi guys
I have the following problem:

2 servlets communicating via:
  HttpSession session = req.getSession(true);
      Log.debug("Payment.doGet() - session="+session);
      // add the transaction id to the session
      session.setAttribute(PARAMETER_TRANSACTION_ID, transactionId);
      // redirect to the receipt page
      Log.debug("Payment.doGet() - receiptUrl="+receiptURL);
      res.sendRedirect(res.encodeRedirectURL(receiptURL));

where the doGet of the receipt uRL servlet does:
    // get the session associated with the request
    HttpSession session = req.getSession(false);

    Log.debug("Receipt.doGet() - session="+session);

Sometimes, the session is not defined anymore

 (not all the times: I can never reproduce the problem myself but the live systems fails 50% of the time)
Any idea, is this a known bug?
I doubt it is a timeout but  what is the default timeout session on tomcat?
Any help very welcome

Olivier Fillon
Managing Director and Principal Consultant
SoftOz Australia Pty Ltd
ABN 59 093 800 018
http://www.SoftOz.com
email: olivier@softoz.com