Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Müller, Markus" <ma...@sdm.de> on 2003/04/23 12:54:18 UTC

AW: "Illegal 'retrieve-boundary' value" error after upgrading to 0.20.5rc2

Hi,

the bug (see below) described in this thread of messages
still exists in 0.20.5rc2. So I tried with the current
CVS version, thinking the bug is fixed there. Then the
following error occurs:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchFieldError:
java.util.Collections: field EMPTY_MAP not found at
org.apache.fop.layout.FontState.getKerning(FontState.java:142)

The error occurs in both cases, specifying a separate font metrics file and
omitting the whole userconfig.xml.

So is there a chance to get a FOP version without that bug and without other
severe bugs??

Markus

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
In the latest maintenance branch sources access to the field EMPTY_MAP
is at line 197, not in line 142 as you said. Are you sure you've got the
right sources? The $Id$ of my FontState.java here is:
$Id: FontState.java,v 1.14.2.8 2003/03/02 16:55:15 pietsch Exp $

On 23.04.2003 12:54:18 Müller, Markus wrote:
> the bug (see below) described in this thread of messages
> still exists in 0.20.5rc2. So I tried with the current
> CVS version, thinking the bug is fixed there. Then the
> following error occurs:
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchFieldError:
> java.util.Collections: field EMPTY_MAP not found at
> org.apache.fop.layout.FontState.getKerning(FontState.java:142)
>
> The error occurs in both cases, specifying a separate font metrics file and
> omitting the whole userconfig.xml.
>
> So is there a chance to get a FOP version without that bug and without other
> severe bugs??

Jeremias Maerki