Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Arunkumar Janarthanan <ar...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/26 04:21:50 UTC

SSL requests are getting timedout with the error

Hi,

We noticed the below error when the SSL requests failed to complete. I have
tomcat 5.5.9 running on Solaris 10 SPARC server with 16 Gig of Memory and 32
CPU.

However the plain requests and SSL with just domain works ok.

ex: https://www.abc.com.

My sincere apologize for the minimal description, however is the below error
is related any bug ?

Kindly advice.

SEVERE: Error decoding request
java.io.IOException
        at
org.apache.jk.common.JkInputStream.receive(JkInputStream.java:252)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.decodeRequest(HandlerRequest.java:525)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:363)
        at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:748)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:678)
        at
org.apache.jk.common.SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:871)
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Mar 25, 2010 2:47:09 PM org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket processConnection

Best Regards,
Arun Janarthanan

RE: SSL requests are getting timedout with the error

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Arunkumar Janarthanan [mailto:arunkumar.webadmin@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: SSL requests are getting timedout with the error
>
> Hi Chris,

It's Chuck (or Charles, if you want to be formal), not Chris.

> Very valid point the Tomcat to be upgraded

And probably httpd and mod_jk.

> does the error makes any sense could be caused by SSL protocol ?

It's impossible to tell.  The SSL decoding would be handled by httpd, not the AJP <Connector> in Tomcat.  Since you've provided no configuration information for any component, nor answered the other questions asked, there's not really any way to answer that.

 - Chuck

Re: SSL requests are getting timedout with the error

Posted by Arunkumar Janarthanan <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris,

Very valid point the Tomcat to be upgraded, does the error makes any sense
could be caused by SSL protocol ?

Thanks for your advice.

Best Regards,
Arun J