Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com> on 2002/02/28 01:04:08 UTC

Session.timeout

Does the session.timeout feature work?
Here I am expecting the session to timeout after 60 seconds of
inactivity.

session.timeout=60

This one seems to work in Catalina, but the TR.p settings fails for me

  <session-config>
    <session-timeout>1</session-timeout>
  </session-config>

Re: Session timeout inconsistent

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Bruce Altner <ba...@hq.nasa.gov> writes:

> At 04:04 PM 2/27/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>
> Greetings:
>
> I am experiencing inconsistent behavior with the session timeout
> function, which I have set for 30 mins (1800 seconds in TR.props).
> Sometimes it will indeed time me after a break for lunch yet at other
> times I'll turn on my monitor in the morning and the session is still
> active from the day before.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this? What are the relevant sections of
> code in turbine that control this so that I can try to see what's
> happening?

I believe the session.timeout property is used in Turbine.java in the
jakarta-turbine-2 source repository.  It simply delegates to the
Servlet API's HttpSession interface.  It's possible (though from what
you describe, unlikely) that there is some sort of race condition
between the call to HttpSession and the servlet container's timeout.

stand alone torque loading templates from jar

Posted by Skip Walker <sk...@skipwalker.com>.
Can anyone tell me how you use configure the ant tasks included in the stand
alone torque to load the templates from its jar file?

thanks,
Skip

Session timeout inconsistent

Posted by Bruce Altner <ba...@hq.nasa.gov>.
At 04:04 PM 2/27/2002 -0800, you wrote:

Greetings:

I am experiencing inconsistent behavior with the session timeout function,
which I have set for 30 mins (1800 seconds in TR.props).
Sometimes it will indeed time me after a break for lunch yet at other times
I'll turn on my monitor in the morning and the session is still active from
the day before.

Has anyone else experienced this? What are the relevant sections of code in
turbine that control this so that I can try to see what's happening?

Thanks,
Bruce