Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Peter Nilsson <Pe...@orcsoftware.com> on 2007/06/12 14:57:12 UTC

Inteference between multiple plugins with extensions

Hi,

We are using Maven 2.0.6 to build both Java, C++ and C#.
C++ is built with the help of maven-native-plugin and C# with NMaven.

Our project tree has the following structure:

   Top
      Cpp
         Project_A
         Project_B
      CS
         Project_C
         Project_D

The problem we encounter is that while C# and C++ builds work fine on their own it will fail if the same build command tries to build both C++ and C#.
Ie, running "mvn install" in project "Cpp" or "CS" works but not doing it in project "Top".

One hypothesis we have is that the components.xml files in the maven-native-plugin and NMaven plugins map the same packaging but to different goals and for some reason these mappings interfere with each other even though the plugins are not being used in the same project.
Project_A and Project_B in the example above only use the maven-native-plugin while Project_C and Project_D only use NMaven plugins.

Can anybody confirm that the declared lifecycle mappings (in components.xml) for one plugin can have effect outside of the projects where this plugin is being used?

If this is the case, is this a known bug? Is there any workaround?

                TIA,

                Peter

This e-mail is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. It is intended only for the addressees. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail and delete the message from your system.

Re: Inteference between multiple plugins with extensions

Posted by Shane Isbell <sh...@gmail.com>.
There is an open issue in NMaven to investigate the problem of conflicting
packaging names : http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/NMAVEN-65. The most likely
solution is to change the packaging name to include a dotnet: identifier; so
instead of "library", we would use "dotnet:library".

Shane

Posted by Tom Huybrechts <to...@gmail.com>.