Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rick Reumann <ma...@reumann.net> on 2002/08/22 21:50:27 UTC

Re[4]: Struts and Large ResultSet

On Thursday, August 22, 2002, 3:36:38 PM, Jacob wrote:

JH> Or if you have the ability to set max rows returned on the query,
JH> just set a single break point with a page counter and the next
JH> button would just select the next 20 where id > last viewed in a
JH> sorted order that is consistent throughout your search results.

    Beautiful! Thanks. Now why I didn't I think of that:)...( ummm
    'cause you're a dumbass:)

    Just curious, how big is 'too big' of a collection to store in
    request and/or session scope? I love the functionality of this
    display tag http://edhill.its.uiowa.edu/display/ but if I happen
    to be dealing with huge(?) lists this might not be an option any
    more and I'm going to go with the idea you've suggested.

    Thanks again.

--

Rick
mailto:maillist@reumann.net

RE: DynaActionForm - docs somewhere? Bean Creating Exception?

Posted by Fabian Sommer <fa...@web.de>.
> > > Exception creating bean of class null: {1}
> > > Does anybody know the meaning of this errormessage?
> > > Are there some docs on the use of DynaActionForms somewhere out
> there?
> > > They seem to miss within actual struts docu...
> > > Thx, Fabian
> >
> > You can download and read Chuck's preview:
> > http://www.theserverside.com/resources/strutsreview.jsp

Got it myself now:
I have to add the DynaActionForm-class for the bean - I should have
gotten this earlier... ;)

<form-bean name="wauswahl"
	type="org.apache.struts.action.DynaActionForm">
	<form-property name="wid" type="java.lang.String"/>
</form-bean>

RE: DynaActionForm - docs somewhere? Bean Creating Exception?

Posted by Fabian Sommer <fa...@web.de>.
Whoever you are - could you please point me to the chapter where I find
help in understanding DynaActionForms? And are there any error-codes
explained?
Thx, Fabian

Posted by Fabian Sommer <fa...@web.de>.
Hello!
I try to use DynaActionForms for the first time. I tried to do it the
way explained below, but all I get from Tomcat is this errormessage:
Exception creating bean of class null: {1}
Does anybody know the meaning of this errormessage?
Are there some docs on the use of DynaActionForms somewhere out there?
They seem to miss within actual struts docu...
Thx, Fabian

ActionClass
> > i will get the values set in the fields from ActionForm class like
> > testform data = (testform) form; where testform is the class which
> > extends ActionForm and has get and set method, so in DynaActionForm
if i
> > dont have to define ActionForm, how can i get the values in Action
class

> > Ashish
> >

> DynaActionForm is an implementation of the DynaBean interface from
> commons-beanutils -- see online JavaDocs at
> <http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/beanutils/api>.  So, if you've
declared
> your form bean like this:
>
>   <form-bean name="logonForm" ...>
>     <form-property name="username" type="java.lang.String"/>
>     <form-property name="password" type="java.lang.String"/>
>   </form-bean>
>
> then, in your LogonAction, you can access the properties like this:
>
>   DynaActionForm daf = (DynaActionForm) form; // Save casting every
time
>   String username = (String) daf.get("username");
>   String password = (String) daf.get("password"));
>
> There are also get() methods for accessing indexed and mapped
properties,
> as well as set() methods to update all these things.
>
> You can also use PropertyUtils and BeanUtils to access properties in a
> DynaBean, because they call the get() and set() methods for you
> transparently on a DynaBean.
>
> Craig
>

> >  "Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 23 Aug 2002, John Yu wrote:
> >
> > > Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 09:51:57 +0800
> > > From: John Yu
> > > Subject: Re: ActionForm and DynaActionForm
> > >
> > > Use ActionForm if you inherit your own JavaBean-compliant
FormBeans.

Cannot retrieve mapping for action /loginForm error

Posted by Ashish Kulkarni <ku...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

I am getting this error, please find the mappings from struts-cong below

<form-bean name="loginForm"

dynamic="true"

type="org.apache.struts.validator.DynaValidatorForm">

<form-property name="system" type="java.lang.String"/>

<form-property name="userId" type="java.lang.String"/>

<form-property name="password" type="java.lang.String"/>

</form-bean>

<action path="/login" type="com.pfizer.maps.LoginAction" name="loginForm" scope="request" validate="true" input="index.jsp">

<forward name="error" path="/index.jsp"/>

<forward name="success" path="/index.jsp"/>

</action>

and i have class com.pfizer.maps.LoginAction in web-inf/classes/com/pfizer/maps

so what wrong i am doing , please help ASAP

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot retrieve mapping for action /loginForm
	at org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.lookup(FormTag.java:871)

Ashish

A$HI$H

Re: ActionForm and DynaActionForm

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

Error while Retrieving FormFile From Map

Posted by "Sudhir S. Shetty" <ss...@powershare.net>.
Hi,
     I have a Jsp page in which I upload a file using the <html:file
property="prtFormFileAttachment"/> tag,
In my action class I use BeanUtils to get a Map of my form Bean in which I
have a FormFile As an attribute.
I pass this Map to my Bussiness Object,
In the Bussiness object when I issue the command
FormFile pvtFormFile = (FormFile)pvtMapForm.get("prtFormFileAttachment");
I get an Exception
java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String
	at com.inveniotech.docmgt.DmDocMgtBaseBo.insertAttachedModel(DmDocMgtBaseBo

Kindly guide mne as to how can i get the  file from the Map
TIA,
regards,
Sudhir

Struts and Differnet date Validation

Posted by Ashish Kulkarni <ku...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

I have to validate the date entered by the user, but in my case the valid date may be dd/mm/yyyy or mm/dd/yyyy, or yyyy/mm/dd

depending on the a parameter which i will be storing in user session,

so how can i do it???

Ashish

A$HI$H

Re: ActionForm and DynaActionForm

Posted by Ashish Kulkarni <ku...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by John Yu <jo...@scioworks.com>.

Re: Struts and Large ResultSet

Posted by "V. Cekvenich" <ba...@newsguy.com>.
Also... here is an improved with source code open source versoin of
CachedRowSet at:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/basicportal/src_05d/basicPortal/src/org/sourceforge/

It works great with DAO.

(Everyone should consider hinding how DAO is implemented, weather
RowSet, EJB, JDO or some O/R thing, so that application does not need to
change if the persistance changes. Sometimes, people that use EJB need
to convert to RowSet, etc. or similar.

hth,V.

Posted by Ashish Kulkarni <ku...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Ashish Kulkarni <ku...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,
At present i am using cachedrowset to do so, but what i do is get all the data in resultset, then populate the cachedrowset and then keep it in user session, as long as he is on that page, and then use to scroll throught different pages , when the user goes to other page i clear the session
this works really fine for few thousand records..and i really dont intend to change it, but i am concerned is ablut million records...
Ashish
 Jacob Hookom wrote:You might want to look at RowSets under JDK1.4, a lot of people use them
for this exact reason. Search java.sun.com for "CachedRowSet"

---

Posted by Jacob Hookom <ho...@uwec.edu>.
You might want to look at RowSets under JDK1.4, a lot of people use them
for this exact reason.  Search java.sun.com for "CachedRowSet"

---

Re: Re[4]: Struts and Large ResultSet

Posted by Ashish Kulkarni <ku...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,