Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Singh, Rakesh" <c-...@state.pa.us> on 2001/08/14 18:01:41 UTC

wrapper: Java Virtual Machine crashed

Hi Folks:

I know this is probably asking to much from your side. I am pretty much
exhausted from my resources, I don't know where is the problem.
I put the log level to debug and see that when I start Apache which
automatically also starts the JVM, JVM crashes. the mod_jserv.log shows that
error.

 (INFO) wrapper: Shutdown done (PID=711)
 (INFO) Apache Module was cleaned-up
 (INFO) wrapper: Java Virtual Machine started (PID=754)
 (INFO) wrapper: controller started (PID=711)
 (INFO) wrapper: Java Virtual Machine crashed
 (INFO) wrapper: Java Virtual Machine started (PID=681)
 (INFO) wrapper: Java Virtual Machine crashed
 (INFO) wrapper: Java Virtual Machine started (PID=741)
 (INFO) wrapper: Java Virtual Machine crashed
 (INFO) wrapper: Java Virtual Machine started (PID=821)
 (INFO) wrapper: Java Virtual Machine crashed
 (INFO) wrapper: Java Virtual Machine started (PID=53)
 (INFO) wrapper: Java Virtual Machine crashed
 (INFO) wrapper: Java Virtual Machine started (PID=705)
 (INFO) wrapper: Java Virtual Machine crashed
 (INFO) wrapper: Java Virtual Machine started (PID=647)
 (INFO) wrapper: Java Virtual Machine crashed
 (INFO) wrapper: VM died too many times w/in 5 second intervals (6); no more
tries
 (INFO) wrapper: too many restart attempts w/in a short timeframe; no more
retries.

Attached are all the config/properties files.
Again, all your help is highly appreciated.

Regards.

Rakesh Singh, IBM Global Services
Phone: 717-705-9884

Re: IBM JDK

Posted by Tim O'Neil <ti...@xythos.com>.
At 09:36 AM 8/14/2001, you wrote:
>         Works very well for me running tomcat 3.2.3, rh 6.2 and IBMJava2-13
>(build 1.3.0, J2RE 1.3.0 IBM build cx130-20010329 (JIT enabled: jitc)

The IBM JVM is supposed to be considerably faster than Sun.

Re: IBM JDK

Posted by Paul Rubenis <pa...@tc.umn.edu>.

--
+-------------------------------------- mailto:paulr@tc.umn.edu ----+
| Paul M Rubenis - System Administrator                             |

RE: IBM JDK

Posted by Mike Jackson <mj...@cdi-hq.com>.
Works great for me.

--mikej
-=-----
mike jackson
mjackson@cdi-hq.com

RE: IBM JDK

Posted by Aravind Naidu <ar...@eha.net>.
Works great, similar environment to yours, except I am using the IBM HTTP
Server (modifid Apache) v1.3.19

My tests have shown that the IBM JDK is way faster than Sun's for my
application scenarios and you can also look at the Volano benchmarks.

Aravind

IBM JDK

Re: wrapper: Java Virtual Machine crashed

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Singh, Rakesh at c-rsingh@state.pa.us wrote:

> Hi Folks:
>

> I know this is probably asking to much from your side. I am pretty much
> exhausted from my resources, I don't know where is the problem.
> I put the log level to debug and see that when I start Apache which
> automatically also starts the JVM, JVM crashes. the mod_jserv.log shows that
> error.
>
> (INFO) wrapper: Shutdown done (PID=711)
> (INFO) Apache Module was cleaned-up
> (INFO) wrapper: Java Virtual Machine started (PID=754)
> (INFO) wrapper: controller started (PID=711)
> (INFO) wrapper: Java Virtual Machine crashed
> (INFO) wrapper: Java Virtual Machine started (PID=681)
> (INFO) wrapper: Java Virtual Machine crashed
> (INFO) wrapper: Java Virtual Machine started (PID=741)
> (INFO) wrapper: Java Virtual Machine crashed
> (INFO) wrapper: Java Virtual Machine started (PID=821)
> (INFO) wrapper: Java Virtual Machine crashed
> (INFO) wrapper: Java Virtual Machine started (PID=53)
> (INFO) wrapper: Java Virtual Machine crashed
> (INFO) wrapper: Java Virtual Machine started (PID=705)
> (INFO) wrapper: Java Virtual Machine crashed
> (INFO) wrapper: Java Virtual Machine started (PID=647)
> (INFO) wrapper: Java Virtual Machine crashed
> (INFO) wrapper: VM died too many times w/in 5 second intervals (6); no more
> tries
> (INFO) wrapper: too many restart attempts w/in a short timeframe; no more
> retries.

The virtual machine cannot start... There's something in your configuration
that prevents it from starting up...

> Attached are all the config/properties files.

Ehem... Nope...

> Again, all your help is highly appreciated.

Welcome...

    Pier