Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de> on 2014/10/10 19:09:37 UTC

GSoC2015

Some ideas for GSoC2015:

- improved PDFDebugger (because of the difficulty to seeing the
different sequence in PDFBOX-2401 and because the product shown at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-QcU9B4qMc is better)
    - hex view
    - view of non printable characters
    - saving streams
    - color mark of PDF operators
    - show images that are streams
    - show PDIndexed gradient
    - show PDSeparation color
    - edit fields and streams
    - save altered PDF

- improved PDF Viewer (Zoom, drag and drop, resize view)

This could possibly be a candidate for Google Code-in 2014, although I'm
not sure if Apache participates. I saw a msg from 2013 that looked like not.

- a working TIFF decoder
- a working JPX decoder
- the text extraction test suite for TIKA that Tim mentioned some time ago

Tilman

PS: No I won't participate in the "Semester of Code" because I don't
have a project idea, and I want to relax somewhat. The work on GSoC2014
has been pretty intense, i.e. reviewing code and making tests.

Re: GSoC2015

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 11.10.2014 um 04:26 schrieb John Hewson:
> Tilman
>
>> - improved PDF Viewer (Zoom, drag and drop, resize view)
>
> I actually a from-scratch rewrite in a branch in my working copy, perhaps I should add a patch to JIRA?

Yes please do!

Tilman

Re: GSoC2015

Posted by John Hewson <jo...@jahewson.com>.