Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Frank Maas <fr...@cheiron-it.nl> on 2003/03/07 18:19:38 UTC

error using instance: can't locate ... pnotes .. via

Hi,

I am workin on a site where all pages are handled via an Apache::SSI
descendant. Some included parts are itself mod_perl routines that
use the instance-methode to recreate the request. The routines work
fine if used "standalone" but as soon as the routine gets included
via the SSI method (subrequest?) apache/mod_perl complains. The call
to instance results in an error 'can't locate method 'pnotes' via
package "X::Y::Z"', where X::Y::Z my own package is.

Most probably the error is in me, can you help me point it out...

--Frank

RE: error using instance: can't locate ... pnotes .. via

Posted by Frank Maas <fr...@cheiron-it.nl>.
Regarding my previous post:

> ... The routines work
> fine if used "standalone" but as soon as the routine gets included
> via the SSI method (subrequest?) apache/mod_perl complains. The call
> to instance results in an error 'can't locate method 'pnotes' via
> package "X::Y::Z"', where X::Y::Z my own package is.

It seems as if the handler is called as if it were a method handler...?
But it's not defined as such (from the Cookbook: ...the trigger for
mod_perl is the use of the prototype ($$)). Huh?

--Frank