Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by hi...@free.fr on 2004/11/04 17:40:19 UTC

SPAMASSASSIN ON RELAY HOST ???

If I want to install spamassassin on a SENDMAIL relay host that relays to an
internal machine, how do I do ?.

/hitete

Re: SPAMASSASSIN ON RELAY HOST ???

Posted by Andrzej Adam Filip <an...@priv.onet.pl>.
hitete@free.fr wrote:
> If I want to install spamassassin on a SENDMAIL relay host that relays to an
> internal machine, how do I do ?.

You can use one of a few available milters.It will allow your sendmail to
reject messages classified as spam in SMTP session. Rejecting in response to
the final dot will save your sendmail from sending bounce messages.

I personally suggest you using MIMEDefang milter: http://www.mimedefang.org
It also allows you to integrate anti virus software (e.g. clamav).

--
Andrzej [en:Andrew] Adam Filip anfi@priv.onet.pl anfi@xl.wp.pl
Home Page http://anfi.homeunix.net/ [ PageRank 6 ]

Re: PROCMAILRC problem

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 09:53:03PM -0000, marti wrote:
> || /usr/bin/spamc -f
> Not sure what the -f suffix is for, I see no such suffix in the man pages

It's a deprecated option.  It's accepted but doesn't do anything these days.
fyi.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"I find this a nice feature but it is not according to the documentation.

Re: PROCMAILRC problem

Posted by Pete Conkin <pe...@reach.net>.
Posted by marti <ma...@ntlworld.com>.

Not sure what the -f suffix is for, I see no such suffix in the man pages

Martin

PROCMAILRC problem

Posted by hi...@free.fr.
Here is my procmailrc :

LOGFILE=/var/log/procmail.log
DROPPRIVS=yes

:0fw:
* < 256000
| /usr/bin/spamc -f

:0:
HERE I'D LIKE TO DELETE THE MESSAGE THAT HAVE THAT MUCH TAGS HOW IS IT POSSIBLE
?

:0:
$HOME/SPAM

So what I wanna do is if the mail has 10 hits it gets deleted, or else if it is
spam it goes to the SPAM folder.

My procmailrc isn't correct since I have these errors in logs :

procmail: Couldn't determine implicit lockfile from "/usr/bin/spamc"
procmail: Incomplete recipe

What am I doing wrong ?.

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
At 11:40 AM 11/4/2004, hitete@free.fr wrote:
>If I want to install spamassassin on a SENDMAIL relay host that relays to an
>internal machine, how do I do ?.

Generaly you need a MTA layer integration like mimedefang, MailScanner,
etc. Check the wiki.

Re: SPAMASSASSIN ON RELAY HOST ???

Posted by Andy Jezierski <aj...@stepan.com>.
hitete@free.fr wrote on 11/04/2004 10:40:19 AM:

> If I want to install spamassassin on a SENDMAIL relay host that relays
to an
> internal machine, how do I do ?.
>

> /hitete

Fairly easy to do.  Quite a few people on the list are doing this.
Personally, I use milter-spamc available at http://www.milter.infon  Works
quite well, I automatically reject high scoring spam, and tag/forward all
other spam.

Andy