Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Igor Bogomolov <ig...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/14 21:04:19 UTC

how to determine if a map task is remote or local

Hi,

I need to determine if a map task performs local or remote input
reads. In other words, is it scheduled on the same node where its
input split located?

I've looked into job history log (at /user/history/done/.../*.jhist)
but found no such info there. Can I get it from some other log?

Igor

Re: how to determine if a map task is remote or local

Posted by Abirami V <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hi

If you  click the maps from jt webui you will move to map task list.  From
there if you click any task it will lead to next level where you  can see
the jobs host and input split location.  If it is same host and input
location then that is local map task.

Thanks
Abirami

Posted by Abirami V <ab...@gmail.com>.