Posted to dev@tez.apache.org by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org> on 2014/02/23 20:31:25 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.3.0-incubating RC0

Hello folks,

I have created a tez-0.3.0-incubating release candidate (rc0). This is the second release for Tez.

GIT source tag: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-tez/repo?p=incubator-tez.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/release-0.3.0-incubating-rc0
Staging site: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/tez/0.3.0-incubating-rc0/
Nexus Staging URL: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetez-1002

PGP release keys: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA9510905F0B000F0
KEYS file also available at https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/tez/KEYS

One can look into the issues fixed in this release at: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ/fixforversion/12325655 or look at the CHANGES.txt in the release tarball.

Vote will be open for at least 72 hours ( until the required number of IPMC votes are obtained ).

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

For folks not familiar with vetting a release, please refer to http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#check-list

thanks
-- Hitesh

Fwd: [CANCEL] [VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.3.0-incubating RC0

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org>.
Begin forwarded message:

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.3.0-incubating RC0

Posted by Jonathan Eagles <je...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Vijayakumar Ramdoss <ne...@live.com>.
+11

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org>.
Removing general@incubator from the thread.

thanks
-- Hitesh

Posted by Rohini Palaniswamy <ro...@gmail.com>.
Sidd,

Posted by Rohini Palaniswamy <ro...@gmail.com>.
Sidd,

Posted by Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org>.

Posted by Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org>.

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org>.
Thanks for reporting the issue, Cheolsoo. And feel free to -1 releases without apologizing :)

I believe Daniel also reported the issue offline to Siddharth and there should be a fix provided by via TEZ-889.

I will cancel the RC0 vote and roll out a new RC later today or tomorrow once the fix has been verified.

thanks
-- Hitesh

Posted by Cheolsoo Park <pi...@gmail.com>.
-1 (non-binding)

Posted by Cheolsoo Park <pi...@gmail.com>.
-1 (non-binding)

Posted by Jason Lowe <jl...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the review, Sebb.

NOTICE file updated in trunk for the next release. I also made a change to our how-to-release documentation to ensure that the git hash and svn revisions are sent out in future votes.

thanks
-- Hitesh

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tsuyoshi OZAWA <oz...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

- Tsuyoshi

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.3.0-incubating RC0

Posted by Tsuyoshi OZAWA <oz...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

<gh...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> +1
>
> Thanks,
> Gunther.
>

> On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 7:00 PM, Lianhui Wang <li...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> +1.

>> > +1.

- Tsuyoshi

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.3.0-incubating RC0

Posted by Gunther Hagleitner <gh...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

Posted by Gunther Hagleitner <gh...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

Posted by Lianhui Wang <li...@gmail.com>.
+1.

Posted by Lianhui Wang <li...@gmail.com>.
+1.

Posted by Bikas Saha <bi...@hortonworks.com>.
+1.

Posted by Vijayakumar Ramdoss <ne...@live.com>.
+11

Posted by Jason Lowe <jl...@yahoo-inc.com>.
+1

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (binding)

Arun

On Feb 23, 2014, at 11:31 AM, Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> I have created a tez-0.3.0-incubating release candidate (rc0). This is the second release for Tez.
>
> GIT source tag: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-tez/repo?p=incubator-tez.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/release-0.3.0-incubating-rc0
> Staging site: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/tez/0.3.0-incubating-rc0/
> Nexus Staging URL: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetez-1002
>
> PGP release keys: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA9510905F0B000F0
> KEYS file also available at https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/tez/KEYS
>
> One can look into the issues fixed in this release at: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ/fixforversion/12325655 or look at the CHANGES.txt in the release tarball.
>
> Vote will be open for at least 72 hours ( until the required number of IPMC votes are obtained ).
>
> [ ] +1 approve
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>
> For folks not familiar with vetting a release, please refer to http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#check-list
>
> thanks
> -- Hitesh

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.3.0-incubating RC0

Posted by Bikas Saha <bi...@hortonworks.com>.
+1.

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
+1 (binding)

Arun

On Feb 23, 2014, at 11:31 AM, Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> I have created a tez-0.3.0-incubating release candidate (rc0). This is the second release for Tez.
>
> GIT source tag: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-tez/repo?p=incubator-tez.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/release-0.3.0-incubating-rc0
> Staging site: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/tez/0.3.0-incubating-rc0/
> Nexus Staging URL: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetez-1002
>
> PGP release keys: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA9510905F0B000F0
> KEYS file also available at https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/tez/KEYS
>
> One can look into the issues fixed in this release at: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ/fixforversion/12325655 or look at the CHANGES.txt in the release tarball.
>
> Vote will be open for at least 72 hours ( until the required number of IPMC votes are obtained ).
>
> [ ] +1 approve
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>
> For folks not familiar with vetting a release, please refer to http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#check-list