Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Jeremy Hanna <je...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/01 22:24:57 UTC

Coordinated testing for 0.7

I was wondering if there was a coordinated plan for testing the 0.7 release.  I realize that testing is ultimately up to the individual team.  However, with 0.7 there are a _lot_ of significant changes and I wondered if there was interest in coordinating efforts to do more extensive testing above and beyond the integration tests and things built into the source tree currently.

I think https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-874 is also relevant for furthering the integration tests.

Any thoughts?

Re: Coordinated testing for 0.7

Posted by Ryan King <ry...@twitter.com>.
On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 10:57 AM, Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 10:48 PM, Jeremy Hanna
> <je...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Along with Ryan's SF thing I could help organize something in the
>> Austin area if there is interest.
>>
>> Would people like to do a Cassandra test-athon a week from Friday
>> (December 10th)? That might give people some more time to finish up
>> with remaining bug fixes of known bugs. Also hopefully counters would
>> be worked out and committed by then.
>>
>> So node movement. What about bootstrapping in a cluster (various
>> scenarios)? How about random partitioner specific tests (which were
>> started a while back)? Or maybe doing a bunch of tests with online
>> schema changes? How about making these tests repeatable in the
>> integration tests - are multiple-node tests on a single machine
>> feasible or is that better suited for manual running of scripts not as
>> part of the build?
>

> +1, December 10th works;  I'm in SF too and would love to get some of
> the 0.7 stuff actually tested :-)

Cool. The 10th wouldn't work as well for us. Would the 9th work for people?

-ryan

Re: Coordinated testing for 0.7

Posted by Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org>.

Posted by Jeremy Hanna <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dave Revell <da...@meebo-inc.com>.
I'd go to that, schedule permitting. My knowledge of the source is not very
deep, but I could be useful in some way.

We obviously have a lot to gain from a well-tested 0.7 release.

- Dave

Posted by Ryan King <ry...@twitter.com>.

Posted by Jeremy Hanna <je...@gmail.com>.