Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Shah Amit <am...@hotmail.com> on 2005/01/17 16:33:51 UTC

J2 JAAS

Hi All,

I am trying to use JAAS provided by J2. Is there any documentation on how to
use that ? I tried reading all the test examples they have and read all the
code for security.

here is my problem, when I follow JAAS client-side specification and try to
use J2's JAAS. I get NULLPointer exception. this is because i dont
instantiate userManager. Do i need to initialize this ? Is any one has
example how to authenticate username and password with J2 JAAS.

Thanks in advance,
Amit

Re: J2 JAAS

Posted by Shah Amit <am...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks for your reply. Can you please tell me where is that example and
whats the name of file

Thanks again

>I am trying to use JAAS provided by J2. Is there any documentation on how
>to use that ? I tried reading all the test examples they have and read all
>the code for security.

Ive started documenting it. SLOW process, but you can watch the snail pace
here:

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/security-overview.html

I know its just an empty shell but its a start.
As they say, better than nothing. Well maybe...

>here is my problem, when I follow JAAS client-side specification and try to
>use J2's JAAS. I get NULLPointer exception. this is because i dont
>instantiate userManager. Do i need to initialize this ? Is any one has
>example how to authenticate username and password with J2 JAAS.

We just have the one example, the default implementation which does use a
Java security login module.

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software