Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jon <jo...@spray.se> on 2005/05/20 10:30:16 UTC

what is reported and to where?

Hi,

I use the line below to educate my spamassassin.: (run by each user by cron)

**sa-learn --spam /home/$USER/.Maildir/.ReportSpam/* --showdots

What I would like to now i if this reports to any internetserver. Why I
ask if due to the -L (-local) switch). I do not wish to report to a
server because I know that some users puts HAM in their ReportSpam folder

Best Regards - Jon

Re: what is reported and to where?

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
Jon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use the line below to educate my spamassassin.: (run by each user by
> cron)
>
> **sa-learn --spam /home/$USER/.Maildir/.ReportSpam/* --showdots
>
> What I would like to now i if this reports to any internetserver. Why I
> ask if due to the -L (-local) switch). I do not wish to report to a
> server because I know that some users puts HAM in their ReportSpam folder
>
> Best Regards - Jon

No, sa-learn --spam does not report to any Internet servers, just your bayes
database.

Reporting to Internet servers is what spamassassin -r does.