Posted to dev@ace.apache.org by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl> on 2012/03/15 11:27:57 UTC

Heads up: refactoring the codebase!

Guys, tomorrow I'd like to start working on ACE-63, which is one of the longest standing open issues that I feel we should finally resolve to make the codebase easier to comprehend.

However, this typically is an issue that will affect almost all of the codebase, which is why I'm giving everybody a heads up now. Things will change tomorrow, so if you are currently working on something, either try to commit it in a working state today, or hold it and update it when I'm done.

Btw, when touching this large part of the codebase, I was thinking about taking on ACE-213 at the same time. JB, is that okay with you (since you intended to work on it)?

Greetings, Marcel

Re: Heads up: refactoring the codebase!

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.
Looks like we're mostly done. All the references to the old terminology we could find, have been changed (in code, configurations, data, etc.). Take care that this change also affected some internal data structures, which means we've made some incompatible changes.

All tests seem to run fine here, and the UI shows up. We do need to do more testing over the next couple of days, and could use some extra eyes to review the changes we made, so feel free to jump in and help out. Make sure to update all projects and do a clean build.

Greetings, Marcel

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré