Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Harish Kulkarni <ha...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/06 23:56:02 UTC

Re: tomcat context with /

Hi

We are migrating a WebSphere app to tomcat.
In Websphere the context is defined as /secure/admin and we have hardcode
redirects with /secure/admin/*
Our war is admin.war.
Tomcat is not allowing /secure/admin as context.
Is there a way using tomcat rewrite or apache config to achieve this.

Thanks
Harish

Re: tomcat context with /

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 06/10/2015 22:56, Harish Kulkarni wrote:
> Hi
>
> We are migrating a WebSphere app to tomcat.
> In Websphere the context is defined as /secure/admin and we have hardcode
> redirects with /secure/admin/*

Whoops. Applications are meant to be independent of the context path at
which they are deployed.

> Our war is admin.war.
> Tomcat is not allowing /secure/admin as context.
> Is there a way using tomcat rewrite or apache config to achieve this.

Rename the WAR to secure#admin.war

Mark