Posted to user@geode.apache.org by Vahram Aharonyan <va...@vmware.com> on 2018/07/06 12:30:50 UTC

Time difference between cluster members

Hi All,

Could someone help to understand whether there is some threshold on time difference between Geode cluster members if they have the same time zone? Or all members should be in sync from time point of view for normal functioning?

Thanks,
Vahram.

Re: Time difference between cluster members

Posted by Anilkumar Gingade <ag...@pivotal.io>.
Vahram,

You are right about the doc. The timestamp is used when resolving the
conflicts between WAN events; within the cluster it does not use timestamp.

-Anil.

Posted by Anilkumar Gingade <ag...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Bruce Schuchardt <bs...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io>.
Best practice is definitely to run a time sync service like NTP on all cluster members.

Posted by Vahram Aharonyan <va...@vmware.com>.
Hi All,