Posted to axkit-dev@xml.apache.org by Matt Sergeant <ma...@sergeant.org> on 2003/02/02 14:47:37 UTC

Re: Statement on XPathScript

CC'ing this to axkit-dev so that people know someone is going to work
on this.

On Sunday, Feb 2, 2003, at 04:24 Europe/London, Jeffrey Horn wrote:

> Matt,
>
> Personally, I want to thank you so very much for creating AxKit.  It
> has
> been a godsend for my company and a real pleasure to work with!  I am
> willing to take over and coordinate the entire documentation project
> for
> AxKit.  I think that AxKit has a real future and see so many cool
> things
> that can be done with it down the road.

If you really mean that then it would be wonderful. It *is* a lot of
work though, so be fair warned.

> I'd like to take the whole thing and write decent documentation along
> with
> examples!  You might have to put up wth me pestering you a little bit
> more
> about exactly how things work, but we'd get back a nice set of
> documentation
> and who knows, maybe a book someday!  I'm sure you'll get other
> volunteers,
> but you can count me in whether I'm the only one or a footsoldier in a
> volunteer army!  I look at it as an opportunity to learn from the best
> and
> to give back to a community that has given me so much!
>
> Let me know how I can help! ... What needs documentation first?  What
> tools
> should we provide documentation in?  Hopefully something cool that can
> be
> served up by AxKit!  Maybe the OpenOffice extension you recently
> announced
> to the group!

The aim from here on out is to make full use of the wiki to do all our
documentation. So maybe you could become our wiki docs manager. The big
job right now is to get all the documentation that is currently just on
the web site in various places all into the wiki. That should be a
fairly easy task.

When thats done, it's a cleanup job of creating index pages and tidying
up in general. Also I can make any changes to the sidebar that you want
me to make.

Want the task? Good! Go ahead and start hacking. The wiki is fully
editable by anyone, so just go ahead and make the changes, and shout if
you get stuck. Once all the pages are in place I can edit the menu bars
to re-point things. The best place to ask for advice outside of the
noise of axkit-users is probably axkit-dev@xml.apache.org (send mail to
good job of this you'll get voted to be an axkit project member, which
will give you commit rights to the tree.

Matt.

Re: Statement on XPathScript

Posted by Barrie Slaymaker <ba...@slaysys.com>.
On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 01:47:37PM +0000, Matt Sergeant wrote:
> CC'ing this to axkit-dev so that people know someone is going to work
> on this.
>
> >  I am
> >willing to take over and coordinate the entire documentation project

You're a godsend, thanks; nobody has had enough time to take it by the horns
and the docs are one of the key missing pieces in the AxKit puzzle.

- Barrie