Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Farida Sabry <fa...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/09 08:44:09 UTC

ODE and Restful web services?

Dear ODE users,

I have a question and hope to get your answer. I am new to Apache ODE and I
am trying to get a simple working work flow example that invokes a REST
webservice but I am having some errors and BPEL understanding problems for
partner links and types and namespaces that I am trying to solve. But what
I understand from my basic search and hope you correct me if I am wrong, is
that if I am having an external REST webservice that I want to call in my
workflow I have to create a .wsdl file describing this webservice then I
have to import it in my workflow .wsdl and then with invoke action, a
global partner link and an assign action I can pass the external REST
webservice output to my workflow variables. Is this true?
Also, please if you can point me to useful and simple resources to
understand using BPEL with REST webservices, I would be so grateful.

Best regards,

Farida