Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by david joffrin <da...@hotmail.com> on 2005/03/16 08:53:20 UTC

Country Drop Down

Hi,

Is anyone aware of a country drop down available for Tapestry?
If not, what would be the best practice? database storage and HTML
generation?

(I do not want to redo the world).

Thanks
David Joffrin
www.etradinginnovations.co.uk

Component Delegation

Posted by david joffrin <da...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

I would like to implement a component that changes its HTML implementation
depending on some parameters; a typical example would be a drop down box if
enabled or a text field if disabled.

I thought originally to re-implement both components inside mine, but that
would not be good design pattern practice.
So I have decided to go to the deligation pattern which of course would
simplify everything when I am upgrading to a new version of Tapestry.
However, I am facing (as simple as it sounds) that I do not know how to
instanciate a component inside another one as there is no constructor
available.
Could someone point me to the code in Tapestry that does component
instanciation, please? (try to look for it, but the code is quite large).
Or, some hints to do so.

Thanks.
DvJ

Re: Country Drop Down