Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Bill Janssen <ja...@parc.com> on 2004/09/07 20:42:09 UTC

Re: telling one version of the index from another?

Thanks, Doug, much as I'd figured from looking at the code.

Here's a follow-up question:  Is there any programmatic way to tell
which version of the Lucene code a program is using?  A version number
or string would be great (perhaps an idea for the next release), but a
list of classes in one version but not in the previous one would do
for the moment.

> (Perhaps we should remedy this, by, e.g., always revving
> the "segments" version whenever any file changes format.)

I think you mean the "segments" format, right?  And I highly recommend
doing so.

Bill