Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Vi...@hud.gov on 2006/06/26 20:17:02 UTC

IBATIS ORACLE ref cursor

I implemented IBATIS data mapper (2.1.7 with addition for ORACLE REF
CURSOR) to get REF CURSOR data from  ORACLE stored procedure.

I have two questions:

1. How IBATIS is  closing REF CURSOR?

2. Is it possible use IBATIS to get user defined data type from ORACLE
stored procedure?
In my case it is table of ORACLE objects (row in the table).
I successfully get data with this type using DAO and JDBC (no IBATIS
wrapper).

Re: IBATIS ORACLE ref cursor

Posted by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi there, you should grab the latest source from Subversion.  It has the
Oracle ref cursor code implemented as it will be deployed.

1.  I'm assuming it closes the ref cursor the same way it closes any result
set  (IIRC it uses the same code -- but I'll double check).

2.  User defined data type.....I doubt it.  But you can try mapping it as an
Object type (i.e. will use rs.getObject()).  I don't think it will work
though.  You'll need to write a custom type handler for that.

Cheers,
Clinton