Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by giacomo <gi...@apache.org> on 2001/09/03 07:10:18 UTC

Re: Can't run under JBoss2.4/Tomcat3.2.3

On Tue, 28 Aug 2001, Gianugo Rabellino wrote:

> > Hmmm, on Jboss 2.4 with latest coccon-2 build and IBM jdk1.3 I get this
> > little surprise:
> >
> > java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 window server using ':0.0'
> > as the value of the DISPLAY variable.
> > Why on earth does this thing want to connect to an X-server?  Anybody
> > got a fix for this?
>
> This is another good candidate for Cocoon FAQs. Batik (used by FOP for image
> rendering) is using AWT to do some of his work, and AWT under *nix needs to
> connect to an X server. You might want to look for Xvfb, a "virtual"  X
> server who does not need any graphic hardware and provides access to X to
> AWT applications. As an alternative if you don't need Batik or FOP you can
> take the components out from the sitemap.

This is already in the FAQ!

Giacomo

Posted by Mario Muja <ma...@delaval.com>.
Hi Marina,
thank you for this hint. Was a long day. Next time I will be more
cautious before writing such nonsense...;-)

Regards, Mario

Posted by Marina Sturino <ma...@katamail.com>.

Posted by Mario Muja <ma...@delaval.com>.

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <g....@bibop.it>.

Posted by Mario Muja <ma...@delaval.com>.
Regarding the documentation I did not find a way yet to

- download the docs in an easy to read format as a single file (e.g. a
PDF) for offline reading
- read the docs in the distribution without being forced to install C2
(currently, the doc only comes in XML format)

Is this on the To-Do-List? I would also like to help to get these points
done.

Regards, Mario

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <g....@bibop.it>.