Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Dave <sn...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/22 20:01:33 UTC

Status of 3.1: time for RC4

You can see the status here:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ROLLER/Testing+Roller+3.1

Below are the open issues. I'd like to resolve 1349, 1341 and 1347
today and get RC4 out tomorrow. Please speak up if you have any
insight into those issues.

- Dave

ROL-1349 - Feeds not obeying category
I cannot duplicate this – DaveJohnson

ROL-1341 - Cannot pick date from calendar during edit of existing entry
Not certain if this applies to 3.1, seeking clarification – DaveJohnson

ROL-1347 - Referrers no longer work after upgrading from 2.3 to 3.1
By design, referrers are not processed for site-wide weblogs, why? – DaveJohnson

ROL-1348 - Update Roller Support plugins
FIXED. Roller Support 3.1 folder contains all updated plugins, themes,
etc. – DaveJohnson

ROL-1344 - Search again doesn't retain chosen category when searching
by category
FIXED in trunk and branches/roller_3.1 – DaveJohnson

Re: Status of 3.1: time for RC4

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On 2/22/07, Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com> wrote:
> On 2/22/07, Dave <sn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > You can see the status here:
> > http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ROLLER/Testing+Roller+3.1
> > Below are the open issues. I'd like to resolve 1349, 1341 and 1347
> > today and get RC4 out tomorrow. Please speak up if you have any
> > insight into those issues.
> >
> > ROL-1349 - Feeds not obeying category
> > I cannot duplicate this – DaveJohnson
>
> Did you see my comment on this issue about how my schema is different
> than yours.

You have the correct table definition for 3.1 and Allen is right, mine
has 3.2 stuff in it -- I just left a comment about that in JIRA. So,
that's probably not the problem.

I like I said, I can't duplicate this in 3.1 current or RC3. Without
further debug info I'm not going to be able to diagnose the problem.
Are there any exceptions? Can you turn on DEBUG logging for
FeedServlet and reproduce the problem?

> This one and ROL-1347 are particularly annoying to me.

For 1347, do you have "Enable aggregated site-wide frontpage" turned
on? If so, turn it off and see if that fixes referrers.

- Dave

Re: Status of 3.1: time for RC4

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On 2/22/07, Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com> wrote:
> I have MySQL 5 locally and Roller 3.1 rc3 installed.  I can reproduce
> the problem here.  I can do a mysqldump and make it available for
> download if that helps.

Cool. In that case you might want to attach with a debugger and see
what's going on inside FeedServlet when the category is chosen and the
feed is generated or pulled from cache. The logic is all there in that
one servlet now.

- Dave

Re: Status of 3.1: time for RC4

Posted by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.
I have MySQL 5 locally and Roller 3.1 rc3 installed.  I can reproduce
the problem here.  I can do a mysqldump and make it available for
download if that helps.

Matt

--
http://raibledesigns.com

Re: Status of 3.1: time for RC4

Posted by Allen Gilliland <al...@sun.com>.

Re: Status of 3.1: time for RC4

Posted by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.

Antwort: Status of 3.1: time for RC4

Posted by Thomas-W Hofmann <th...@db.com>.
ROL 1341 - I have no 3.1 version running at the moment but it is very
liekely 3.1 is affected too. - Its a small fix though.

Thomas Hofmann

--

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.