Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Kevin Osborn <ke...@cbsi.com> on 2013/05/24 21:12:00 UTC

load balancing internal Solr on Azure

We are looking install SolrCloud on Azure. We want it to be an internal
service. For some applications that use SolrJ, we can use ZooKeeper. But
for other applications that don't talk to Azure, we will need to go through
a load balancer to distribute traffic among the Solr instances (VMs, IaaS).

The problem is that Azure as far as I am aware does not have a load
balancer for internal services. Internal endpoints are not load balanced.

This is obviously not a problem specific to Solr, but I was hoping that
other people might have some good ideas for addressing this issue. Thanks.

--
*KEVIN OSBORN*
LEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER

Re: load balancing internal Solr on Azure

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kevin,

Would http://search-lucene.com/?q=LBHttpSolrServer work for you?

Otis