Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by russ_2007 <ru...@yahoo.com> on 2007/06/30 00:06:49 UTC

Failure to file Listener

I have a web application.  The application uses a Portlet and Java Server
Faces.  The web.xml looks like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
         version="2.4"
<context-param>
     <param-name>javax.faces.CONFIG_FILES</param-name>
     <param-value>/WEB-INF/faces-config.xml</param-value>
</context-param>
<filter>
   <filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.myfaces.component.html.util.ExtensionsFilter</filter-class>
   <init-param>
      <param-name>maxFileSize</param-name>
      <param-value>20m</param-value>
   </init-param>
</filter>
<listener>

<listener-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener</listener-class>
</listener>
<servlet>
   <load-on-startup>0</load-on-startup>
</servlet>
<servlet>
  <servlet-name>TestPortlet</servlet-name>
  <servlet-class>org.apache.pluto.core.PortletServlet</servlet-class>
  <init-param>
    <param-name>portlet-name</param-name>
    <param-value>TestPortlet</param-value>
  </init-param>
  <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
</servlet>
<filter-mapping>
  <filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>
  <url-pattern>*.faces</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>
<servlet-mapping>
  <url-pattern>*.faces</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
<servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-name>TestPortlet</servlet-name>
  <url-pattern>/PlutoInvoker/TestPortlet</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>
<welcome-file-list>
   <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
</welcome-file-list>
</web-app>

When I check the web application (TestPortlet) using Tomcat Manager,  I see
the web application is not started.  When I start the application is fails.
The error message is displayed in the window:

FAIL - Application at context path /TestPortlet could not be started

When I check the cmd window I used to start the server, I see the following
error:

Jun 29, 2007 4:43:51 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Error listenerStart
Jun 29, 2007 4:43:51 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Context [/TestPortlet] startup failed due to previous errors

My first thought was Tomcat lacked the jar files for myfaces so I added them
to to the server's library.  This did not fix the error.

Can someone lead me in the correct direction?  I think I have the web.xml
created properly.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Russ

Re: Failure to file Listener

Posted by russ_2007 <ru...@yahoo.com>.
For the good of the group:

The issue was the fact the jar files for myfaces were not loaded on the
server.