Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Julian Feinauer <jf...@apache.org> on 2019/04/14 15:08:04 UTC

Next PLC4X Meetup

Hi all,

we already had some discussions about that, but I think its time to become a bit more concrete.
I propose to have the next (South-)German PLC4X Meetup soon.
From the discussion, already pragmatic industries (Nürtingen) and Codecentric (Frankfurt/Main) offered to be the host.
As Frankfurt is more central, I think this is a good location (and the codecentric office is really nice AND there is the PLC4X IoT Lab...).

So  I suggest to start to find a Date for the Meetup ASAP.
For this time, I would suggest to have like one or two "small" presentations and the rest of the time discussion.

Good Presentation candidates for me would be:
- Chris with the driver generation and some details about that
- We (Tim or I) with our experiences from running PLC4X in prod for about halb a year now
- The Landscape of PLC4J with all the tools and utils around the "main" programm like OPM, Scraper, ...

What do the others think?

@Chris: If we do it in Ffm you are the host, so it should be up to you to start a doodle, as you know when you and you're room is available and when not. Otherwise I would have it already started with this mail : )

Julian

Re: Next PLC4X Meetup

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi all,

yeah ... then I'll whip up a doodle tomorrow and post it here.

Regarding all your suggestions: I like all of them :-)
But I would like to add one more: Drink a few drinks on a graduation that might have happened till then ;)

Chris

Am 14.04.19, 18:30 schrieb "Bjoern Hoeper" <ho...@ltsoft.de>:

    As already mentioned Frankfurt would be perfectly okay for me.

    I personally think that the presentation by Chris is needed to start the discussion about the driver generation.

    The thing I could offer is to give a presentation about the architecture we currently use at our customers site to retrieve data from the SCADA. The presentation is not directly related to plc4x but may provide some "inspiration" for implementations as this architecture is running for more than 20 years now quite reliably.
    But to be honest I personally would opt for a presentation about running plc4x in production because it may offer some insights regarding implementation details for other languages as well.

    Björn

AW: Next PLC4X Meetup