Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Dennis Byrne <de...@dbyrne.net> on 2006/05/24 19:04:11 UTC

Re: JSF 1.2 [was: Cancelled: JavaOne MyFaces Committers/Contributors meeting]

Please no multiple branches.  Thanks.

Dennis Byrne

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
@Sean: It's easy - I won't put in the work to do it if I can't work
with the version I have at hand. And I can't work with it when it
relies on TC6.0 (and I won't switch over to Glassfish right now). I
guess that I'll not be the only one.

 It's as easy as that. I promise to be the one to do the merging later on.

One more thing: there will be one branch only (JSF 1.2 TC 6) - the
trunk will JSF 1.2 TC 5.5.

The other branch will be our bugfixes-only JSF1.1 branch - no major
work being done there. I'd also say that if we want to get a bugfix in
this branch, we should get it in in the JSF 1.2 TC 5.5 as well, right
when the bugfix is applied. With this we save ourselves the hassle of
merging too much here.

@Dennis, you don't see the necessities to start with the major
features of the 1.2 implementation right now, even when TC 6.0 is not
yet available?

regards,

Martin